The digital video recording company reported a loss of 17 cents a share on $67.78 million in revenue for the first quarter. Service and technology revenue came in at $54.5 million. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were expecting a loss of 15 cents a share on $54.89 million in service and technology revenue.
"Our first quarter represented a solid start to the year for TiVo with our results in line with our financial outlook and as we continued to execute on our key objectives," explained Tom Rogers, the TiVo CEO, in a statement. "Global adoption of TiVo progressed as we grew our subscription base 27% year-over-year, or by 524,000 subscriptions. Further, we delivered 40% year-over-year service and technology revenue growth, made considerable progress in our efforts to protect our intellectual property and continued to innovate announcing a number of products related to the TV Everywhere experience."
For its fiscal second-quarter, TiVo said it expects service and technology revenue to be between $53 million and $55 million and projects a net loss of $28 million to $30 million Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect revenue to be $56.5 million and losses of $27 million.Shares of TiVo closed the regular session lower, off 3.03% to wind up at $8.96. Shares are moving lower in after-hours trading, falling 4.91% to $8.52 according to Nasdaq.com on 317,223 shares. Interested in more on TiVo? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV