NEW YORK and HONOLULU, May 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU), New York's Hometown Airline™, and Hawaiian Airlines (NASDAQ: HA), Hawaii's flag carrier, today announced a deepening of their partnership with the signing of new agreements to offer new benefits and convenience to the customers of both airlines.
Members of both carriers' frequent flyer programs can soon earn and redeem loyalty points or miles for travel on either airline. Travellers can also find convenient connections between points throughout the East Coast and points throughout Hawaii with the signing of a new codeshare agreement. Both agreements will be in effect on June 5, when Hawaiian launches the only nonstop service between New York City and Hawaii with daily widebody flights between JetBlue's Terminal 5 at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York City and Honolulu International Airport (HNL).
"Starting next month, Hawaiian will bring Hawaii to New York, and this expansion of our partnership with JetBlue will make travel between the East Coast and Hawaii easier than ever," said Peter Ingram, Hawaiian's executive vice president and chief commercial officer.Reciprocal Benefits for Frequent Flyers Effective June 5, JetBlue's TrueBlue members can accrue one point for every two miles flown on eligible Hawaiian-operated flights, while HawaiianMiles members will be able to earn miles on eligible JetBlue-operated flights on a mile-for-mile basis. To earn points or miles on the entire trip, customers must call JetBlue or Hawaiian Airlines reservations to enter their TrueBlue or HawaiianMiles number into their itinerary prior to travel. Frequent fliers can also redeem their points or miles for travel on either airline's network by calling their program's reservation desk.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV