NEW YORK, May 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Barron Partners LP's CEO, Andrew Barron Worden, today stated: "We request that SkyPeople Fruit Juice Inc. ( Nasdaq: SPU ) buy back shares and pay cash dividend to all shareholders by utilizing a portion of the cash. SkyPeople Fruit Juice has $76,745,264 cash on the balance sheet as of March 31st, 2012. As a significant shareholder in the Company, we believe that the Company has the obligation to act in the interest of the shareholders and increase value for the shareholders.
Barron Partners agrees to waive the dividend restriction in our preferred share agreement, and allow for a cash dividend to be paid to all common shareholders so long as it is also paid to us on our preferred stock on an as-if-converted to common stock basis.
Barron Partners LP is an international private investment fund with a primary focus on profitable cleantech companies. Barron has invested over $450 million of its capital since its formation in 2002. For more information about Barron Partners, visit www.barronpartners.com
SOURCE Barron Partners
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV