NORWALK, Conn., May 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Diageo, the world's leading spirits, wine and beer company was recently recognized for its efforts in promoting a diverse and inclusive business environment by Diversity MBA Magazine and DiversityPlus Magazine. Diageo was named in Diversity MBA Magazine's "50 Out Front for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Diverse Managers To Work" list for the second consecutive year. The award recognizes companies that drive sustainable results in programs that allow and encourage managers and women of diverse backgrounds to excel and grow in Corporate America.
Additionally, DiversityPlus Magazine honored Diageo's Christina Ruggiero, Vice President, Procurement, as one of their "2012 Top 25 Women in Power Impacting Diversity" for driving diversity both internally and externally.
Dr. Danielle Robinson, Director of Diversity and Inclusion at Diageo, commented: "Diageo is extremely proud of the continued recognition of our efforts in creating a truly diverse and inclusive culture. The company is committed to providing all employees with the critical resources needed to pursue their goals and achieve success, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion. And we do this not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it is good business."
For the last decade, Diageo has developed a robust program built on a variety of diversity-focused initiatives, including:
- Maintaining a strict policy prohibiting sexual harassment and harassment based on sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. This policy is extended to – and required of – suppliers and other vendor partners.
- Membership with the business coalition, organized by HRC, in support of the Congressional passage of an all-inclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
- Maintaining an extensive network of Employee Resource Groups from across the business.Continuing to identify opportunities to further diversity and positively influence our culture via Diageo's Inclusion and Diversity Council.
- An ongoing commitment to earning a perfect score in the annual Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index (CEI) survey, recognized as one of their "Best Places to Work," an award Diageo has earned for the last four years.
- Maintaining a family-friendly culture earning Diageo a spot on Working Mother magazine's "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" list for the past three years. The list highlights the top companies paving the way for new moms and families everywhere, and includes companies that offer flextime hours, telecommuting, paid maternity leave and employee assistance programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV