MRV Simplifies Management For University Of New Hampshire’s InterOperability Laboratory Through Advanced Test Automation
MRV Communications™, Inc. (OTCQB: MRVC) (MRV), a leading provider of optical communications network infrastructure equipment and integration and managed services, today announced its Optical Communications Systems Division (OCS) has supplied the University of New Hampshire’s InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL) with its MRV Media Cross Connect (MCC) Physical Layer Switch Chassis. The MCC connects any port to any port through a non-blocking digital backplane, and will enable the UNH-IOL to simplify lab management throughout its networking and data communications equipment testing and research efforts.
The UNH-IOL fosters multi-vendor interoperability, quality assurance and conformance to technical standards and is the world’s only full-scale, non-profit test lab to balance industry expertise with real-world training for future engineers. MRV’s MCC Chassis, along with two MRV copper interface blades, will be utilized by the UNH-IOL in various testing consortiums, including:
- The IEEE 1588 Consortium to test Precision Time Protocol (PTP) conformance standards and interoperability among PTP devices;
- The Bridge Functions Consortium to test switching products implementing IEEE 802.1, 802.3ad and IETF standards for interoperability and conformance requirements for Layer 2 technologies; and
- The AVnu Testing Consortium to test standards of Audio Video Bridging enhancements to Ethernet between diverse systems and organizations.
“As networks become more advanced, test labs must do the same in order to deliver accurate, relevant and timely reports to the networking and data communications community,” said Bob Noseworthy, chief engineer of the University of New Hampshire. “MRV’s MCC allows us to manage complex products and services through advanced test automation. The chassis supports the next-generation technologies we’re researching today and offers the scalability we need to accommodate the technologies of tomorrow.”
For extreme flexibility in the test laboratory, the MCC supports any protocol ranging from T1/E1, Fiber Channel and 10Gig Ethernet, as well as media including fiber optic and copper cables in one single chassis. Instead of requiring users to manually change network connections, the MCC uses software commands for bidirectional or unidirectional mappings between ports. With a simple mouse click, MCC users can manage connections and electronically store and recall configurations. Therefore, human errors are decreased, consistency and repeatability are increased, and lab time becomes more productive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV