When asked about that strategy, McCausland noted that Airgas only has 25% of the U.S. market for gases, but nearly 50% of the market is controlled by 900 independent providers. He said as the economy improves, those providers will become prime acquisition targets for the company.
Finally, when asked whether Airgas would consider converting its fleet of trucks to run on natural gas, McCausland said that after a failed attempt in the 1990s, Airgas is once again looking at liquified natural gas as a fuel option. He said that LNG is similar to the nitrogen the company is already familiar with, and the logistics of that business is also similar.
Cramer commended McCausland for his great service in bringing out value for shareholders and recommended Airgas.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer sounded off against the Wall Street machine that snookered the public into buying the botched Facebook initial public offering, which has plummeted 24% since its debut.Cramer said that the public will never know what the bankers at Morgan Stanley (MS) knew or told their largest clients ahead of the IPO, nor will the public know why the Nasdaq decided to begin trading the stock when glitches were known. But there are three things that we do know, said Cramer. First, the public got taken for a ride. Second, nothing will happen to those responsible. Third, the government could care less. Cramer said the lesson from the Facebook IPO is "buyer beware." --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV