DALLAS, May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ABCD, the "Company"), the leading educational company focused primarily on serving the needs of at-risk and special student populations, announced that its board of directors has approved a share repurchase program that enables the Company to purchase up to $5 million of its shares of common stock over a one year period.
"We are committed to creating long-term value for our shareholders, and we're pleased that the strength of our balance sheet and historical ability to generate cash from operations allows us to demonstrate our confidence through a share repurchase program" said Ron Klausner, chief executive officer at Cambium Learning Group. "The board's decision to repurchase shares of our common stock will allow us to use a reasonable amount of the cash we have on hand to purchase shares at a price we believe provides a favorable return in the long term."
The Company expects the shares of common stock will be purchased from time to time in either open market or private transactions, in accordance with applicable insider trading and other securities laws and regulations, at then-prevailing market prices. The Company may elect to implement and repurchase shares pursuant to a trading plan meeting the requirements of Rule 10b5-1 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, which would permit shares to be repurchased when the Company might otherwise be precluded from doing so under insider trading laws. The share repurchases will be funded from cash from operations and may be suspended or discontinued by the board of directors at any time. No assurance can be given as to when during the authorized period any shares will be repurchased or as to whether and to what extent any share repurchase will be consummated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV