AmerisourceBergen Corp (ABC): Today's Featured Wholesale Loser
AmerisourceBergen (ABC) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, AmerisourceBergen fell 39 cents (-1.1%) to $36.51 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of AmerisourceBergen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.39-$37.10 after having opened the day at $37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.90. Other company's within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Westinghouse Solar (WEST), down 19.1%, China Auto Logistics (CALI), down 13.2%, SinoHub (SIHI), down 4.5%, and Navarre Corporation (NAVR), down 3.8%. AmerisourceBergen Corporation, a pharmaceutical services company, provides drug distribution and related services to healthcare providers and pharmaceutical manufacturers primarily in the United States and Canada. AmerisourceBergen has a market cap of $9.33 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.1, equal to the average wholesale industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate AmerisourceBergen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AmerisourceBergen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full AmerisourceBergen Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV