Energy Company of Parana (ELP) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Energy Company of Parana fell 14 cents (-0.7%) to $20.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 760,231 shares of Energy Company of Parana exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 659,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.50-$21.34 after having opened the day at $21.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.85. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Transportadora de Gas del Sur (TGS), down 8.9%, American Midstream Partners (AMID), down 2%, and Niska Gas Storage Partners (NKA), down 1.6%. Companhia Paranaense de Energia Copel engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity to industrial, residential, commercial, and rural customers primarily in the state of Parana, Brazil. Energy Company of Parana has a market cap of $5.71 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.8, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 7.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Energy Company of Parana a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Energy Company of Parana as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Energy Company of Parana Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ELP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV