Hibbett Sports Inc (HIBB): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Loser
Hibbett Sports (HIBB) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Hibbett Sports fell 54 cents (-0.9%) to $56.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 284,935 shares of Hibbett Sports exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 361,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.90-$57.88 after having opened the day at $57.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.05. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Tractor Supply (TSCO), down 7.2%, Zagg (ZAGG), down 2.8%, and Mecox Lane (MCOX), down 1.7%. Hibbett Sports, Inc. operates sporting goods stores in small to mid-sized markets primarily in the southeast, southwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest regions of the United States. Hibbett Sports has a market cap of $1.51 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.1, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 26.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Hibbett Sports a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hibbett Sports as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Hibbett Sports Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV