Hibbett Sports (HIBB) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Hibbett Sports fell 54 cents (-0.9%) to $56.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 284,935 shares of Hibbett Sports exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 361,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.90-$57.88 after having opened the day at $57.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.05. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Tractor Supply (TSCO), down 7.2%, Zagg (ZAGG), down 2.8%, and Mecox Lane (MCOX), down 1.7%. Hibbett Sports, Inc. operates sporting goods stores in small to mid-sized markets primarily in the southeast, southwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest regions of the United States. Hibbett Sports has a market cap of $1.51 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.1, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 26.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Hibbett Sports a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hibbett Sports as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Hibbett Sports Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HIBB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV