Brazilian Distribution Company (CBD) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Brazilian Distribution Company fell 71 cents (-1.8%) to $39.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 713,182 shares of Brazilian Distribution Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 575,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $38.80-$40.66 after having opened the day at $40.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.29. Other company's within the Retail industry that declined today were: Talbots (TLB), down 9.9%, Alon Holdings Blue Square - Israel (BSI), down 4.5%, Cache (CACH), down 3.6%, and Ingles Markets (IMKTA), down 3%. Companhia Brasileira de Distribuic o engages in the retail of food and non-food products to individual consumers through its chain of hypermarkets, supermarkets, specialized and department stores, and the Internet. Brazilian Distribution Company has a market cap of $10.48 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 48.5, above the average retail industry P/E ratio of 26.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Brazilian Distribution Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Brazilian Distribution Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Brazilian Distribution Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CBD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV