Lexington Realty (LXP) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Lexington Realty fell 9 cents (-1.1%) to $8.30 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of Lexington Realty exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.26-$8.45 after having opened the day at $8.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.39. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: American Realty Investors (ARL), down 4.8%, SYSWIN (SYSW), down 4.5%, Amrep Corporation (AXR), down 4.4%, and Vestin Realty Mortgage II (VRTB), down 4.2%. Lexington Corporate Properties Trust operates as a self-managed and self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT). The company acquires, owns, and manages a portfolio of office, industrial, and retail properties net-leased to corporate tenants in the United States. Lexington Realty has a market cap of $1.31 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 12% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Lexington Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Lexington Realty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Lexington Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LXP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV