Quanta Services Inc. (PWR): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Loser
Quanta Services (PWR) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Quanta Services fell 17 cents (-0.8%) to $22.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Quanta Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $22.44-$22.99 after having opened the day at $22.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.70. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: India Globalization Capital (IGC), down 6.4%, Perma-Fix Environmental Services (PESI), down 5.7%, Avalon Holdings (AWX), down 4.3%, and Integrated Electrical Services (IESC), down 3.1%. Quanta Services, Inc. provides specialty contracting services primarily in North America. Quanta Services has a market cap of $4.75 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.7, above the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 24.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Quanta Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Quanta Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Quanta Services Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV