Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): Today's Featured Health Care Loser
Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Novo Nordisk A/S fell $1.98 (-1.4%) to $138.63 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 862,130 shares of Novo Nordisk A/S exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 352,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $138.24-$140.92 after having opened the day at $140.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $140.61. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: AspenBio Pharma (APPY), down 33.9%, Complete Genomics (GNOM), down 13%, Cormedix (CRMD), down 10.9%, and Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX), down 10.9%. Novo Nordisk A/S, a healthcare company, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceutical products in Denmark and internationally. The company operates in two segments, Diabetes Care and Biopharmaceuticals. Novo Nordisk A/S has a market cap of $81.55 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of four, below the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 25.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 22% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Novo Nordisk A/S a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Novo Nordisk A/S as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Novo Nordisk A/S Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV