Sanderson Farms Inc. (SAFM): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Loser
Sanderson Farms (SAFM) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Sanderson Farms fell $1.65 (-3%) to $52.66 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 564,920 shares of Sanderson Farms exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 218,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.88-$55.87 after having opened the day at $55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.31. Other company's within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Golden (GLDC), down 4%, China New Borun Corporation (BORN), down 3.3%, Teavana Holdings (TEA), down 3.2%, and Concha y Toro Winery (VCO), down 2.1%. Sanderson Farms, Inc., an integrated poultry processing company, engages in the production, processing, marketing, and distribution of fresh, frozen, and prepared chicken products in the United States. Sanderson Farms has a market cap of $1.21 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 8.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Sanderson Farms a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sanderson Farms as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Sanderson Farms Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV