Sanderson Farms (SAFM) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Sanderson Farms fell $1.65 (-3%) to $52.66 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 564,920 shares of Sanderson Farms exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 218,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.88-$55.87 after having opened the day at $55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.31. Other company's within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Golden (GLDC), down 4%, China New Borun Corporation (BORN), down 3.3%, Teavana Holdings (TEA), down 3.2%, and Concha y Toro Winery (VCO), down 2.1%. Sanderson Farms, Inc., an integrated poultry processing company, engages in the production, processing, marketing, and distribution of fresh, frozen, and prepared chicken products in the United States. Sanderson Farms has a market cap of $1.21 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 8.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Sanderson Farms a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sanderson Farms as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Sanderson Farms Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SAFM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV