Heckmann Corp (HEK): Today's Featured Financial Services Loser
Heckmann (HEK) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Heckmann fell 6 cents (-1.7%) to $3.53 on light volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Heckmann exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.51-$3.65 after having opened the day at $3.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.59. Other company's within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Penson Worldwide (PNSN), down 12%, Dominion Resources Black Warrior (DOM), down 11.6%, Ampal-American Israel Corporation (AMPL), down 5.4%, and United States 12 Month Natural Gas Fund (UNL), down 3.3%. Heckmann Corporation operates as a services-based company focused on total water and wastewater solutions for shale or unconventional oil and gas exploration and production. Heckmann has a market cap of $534.8 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are down 46% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Heckmann a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Heckmann as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Heckmann Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV