Mercadolibre Inc. (MELI): Today's Featured Diversified Services Loser
Mercadolibre (MELI) pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today making it today's featured Diversified Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Mercadolibre fell 60 cents (-0.8%) to $74.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 777,348 shares of Mercadolibre exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 586,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $73.44-$76.90 after having opened the day at $76.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.73. Other company's within the Diversified Services industry that declined today were: Kelly Services (KELYB), down 6.6%, Scientific Learning Corporation (SCIL), down 5.8%, Education Management Corporation (EDMC), down 5.3%, and National American University Holdings (NAUH), down 4.7%. MercadoLibre, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, hosts online commerce and payments platforms in Latin America. Its services are designed to provide its users with mechanisms to buy, sell, pay for, and collect on e-commerce transactions. Mercadolibre has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 40.2, above the average diversified services industry P/E ratio of 40 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Mercadolibre a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mercadolibre as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Mercadolibre Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV