Vera Bradley Inc. (VRA): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
Vera Bradley (VRA) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Vera Bradley fell 40 cents (-1.6%) to $23.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Vera Bradley exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 950,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.85-$24.80 after having opened the day at $24.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.39. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Shiner International (BEST), down 9.9%, Summer Infant (SUMR), down 5.6%, China Xiniya Fashion (XNY), down 5.3%, and Heelys (HLYS), down 3.1%. Vera Bradley, Inc., through its subsidiary, Vera Bradley Designs, Inc., engages in the design, production, marketing, and retail of stylish and functional accessories for women under the 'Vera Bradley' brand. Its products include a range of handbags, accessories, and travel and leisure items. Vera Bradley has a market cap of $988.6 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.1, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 24.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Vera Bradley a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Vera Bradley as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Vera Bradley Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV