Silver Wheaton Corporation (SLW) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Silver Wheaton Corporation fell 19 cents (-0.7%) to $26.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.8 million shares of Silver Wheaton Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $25.92-$27.10 after having opened the day at $26.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.51. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Extorre Gold Mines (XG), down 17.6%, Lizhan Environmental (LZEN), down 14.3%, China Shen Zhou Mining & Resources (SHZ), down 10.7%, and Recon Technology (RCON), down 10.2%. Silver Wheaton Corp., a mining company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a silver streaming company worldwide. Silver Wheaton Corporation has a market cap of $9.38 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.4, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Silver Wheaton Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Silver Wheaton Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Silver Wheaton Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SLW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV