Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Winner
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold rose 82 cents (2.5%) to $33.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15 million shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.83-$33.65 after having opened the day at $33.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.41. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Ossen Innovation (OSN), up 17%, General Steel Holdings (GSI), up 14.9%, Alumina (AWC), up 13.3%, and Northern Dynasty Minerals (NAK), up 8.5%. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. engages in the exploration, mining, and production of mineral resources. The company primarily explores for copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt hydroxide, silver, and other metals, such as rhenium and magnetite. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold has a market cap of $30.76 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.1, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV