Comcast (CMCSA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Comcast rose 37 cents (1.3%) to $29.22 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9.7 million shares of Comcast exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.84-$29.28 after having opened the day at $28.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.85. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: LodgeNet Interactive Corporation (LNET), up 26%, ReachLocal (RLOC), up 9.7%, Entravision Communications Corporation (EVC), up 6.3%, and Marchex (MCHX), up 6.1%. Comcast Corporation provides entertainment, information, and communications products and services in the United States and internationally. The company's Cable Communications segment provides video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers. Comcast has a market cap of $60.86 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.8, equal to the average media industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Comcast a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Comcast as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CMCSA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV