Koninklijke Philips Electronics (PHG) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Koninklijke Philips Electronics rose 33 cents (1.9%) to $18.17 on light volume. Throughout the day, 678,615 shares of Koninklijke Philips Electronics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.98-$18.32 after having opened the day at $18.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.84. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Champion Industries (CHMP), up 12.2%, Leapfrog (LF), up 3.9%, Whirlpool Corporation (WHR), up 3.8%, and iRobot Corporation (IRBT), up 3.7%. Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. engages in the healthcare, consumer lifestyle, and lighting product businesses worldwide. The company offers screening, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and health management services in cardio-pulmonary, oncology, and women's health areas. Koninklijke Philips Electronics has a market cap of $16.34 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are down 14.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Koninklijke Philips Electronics a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Koninklijke Philips Electronics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Koninklijke Philips Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PHG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV