W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today announced that Michael G. Connor has been named president of Continental Western Group, LLC. The appointment is effective immediately. Mr. Connor succeeds Bradley S. Kuster, who will oversee other activities within the W. R. Berkley Corporation group of companies.
Mr. Connor has over 25 years of experience in the property casualty insurance industry and served most recently as senior vice president - commercial markets - Northeast division at another leading property and casualty insurer. He graduated with a B.A. from Colgate University and holds the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter and Associate in Underwriting professional designations.
William R. Berkley, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of W. R. Berkley Corporation, said: “Mike brings a wealth of experience in the regional property casualty insurance market and we are pleased to welcome him to our team. Continental Western will benefit from his expertise while continuing to bring value and opportunity to our independent agents. We are enthusiastic about Brad’s new role within the organization and his continued contribution to the enterprise.”
Continental Western Group, based in Des Moines, Iowa, is a leading provider of commercial insurance services and expertise to a wide range of businesses throughout the Midwest.For further information about the products and services available from Continental Western Group, please visit www.cwgins.com. Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates in five segments of the property casualty insurance business: specialty insurance, regional property casualty insurance, alternative markets, reinsurance and international.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV