Rating Change #3
Baytex Energy Corp (BTE) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BTE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 4421.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.95 million to $42.96 million.
- The gross profit margin for BAYTEX ENERGY CORP is rather high; currently it is at 56.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.80% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $151.36 million or 26.24% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.31%.
- BAYTEX ENERGY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, BAYTEX ENERGY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.83 versus $1.54 in the prior year.
Baytex Energy Corp., an oil and gas company, engages in the acquisition, development, and production of oil and natural gas in the western Canadian Sedimentary Basin and the United States. It offers heavy oil, light oil, and natural gas liquids. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.7, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 20.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Baytex Energy has a market cap of $5.48 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 19.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.You can view the full Baytex Energy Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV