- DEUTSCHE BANK AG's earnings per share declined by 36.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DEUTSCHE BANK AG increased its bottom line by earning $5.55 versus $4.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.59 versus $5.55).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 22.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 5.41 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 37.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2,924.54 million to $1,841.43 million.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.