Summit Hotel Properties, Inc. (NYSE:INN) (the “Company”), a real estate investment trust (REIT) specializing in the ownership of premium-branded hotels in the upscale and upper midscale segments, today announced recent property acquisitions and dispositions as well as an interest rate swap agreement.
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- A 112-room Hilton Garden Inn property in Nashville (Smyrna), TN for a purchase price of $12.0 million including planned property improvements. The Company anticipates a post-renovation estimated NTM capitalization rate in the range of 8 to 9 percent.
- A 103-room Courtyard by Marriott in Arlington, TX for a purchase price of $15.25 million including planned property improvements. The Company anticipates a post-renovation estimated NTM capitalization rate in the range of 8 to 9 percent.
In addition to these acquisitions, the Company completed the sale of three assets in Twin Falls, ID; Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn and AmericInn. The hotels were sold at an economic cap rate in the range of 8.5 to 9 percent on a trailing twelve month basis. The net proceeds from the aggregate sale price of approximately $16.5 million will be applied to outstanding debt.
“We are continuing our strategy of recycling capital and transforming our portfolio,” said Dan Hansen, Company president and CEO. “These acquisitions and dispositions demonstrate the commitment to our shareholders on delivering top brands in top markets and creating great value for our investors.”Interest Rate Swap Agreement In addition to the recently announced improvements made to the Company’s senior secured revolving credit facility, the Company entered into three interest rate swap agreements that fixed 90-day LIBOR on $29.7 million of its variable rate debt with General Electric Capital Corporation. On May 4, the company had fixed LIBOR, at a weighted average rate of 1.137%, on $29.7 million of its variable rate debt through three interest rate swap agreements. After accounting for the three interest rate swap agreements, the company's total debt had a weighted average effective interest rate of 5.3% and fixed interest rates on 80% of its term debt as of March 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV