1. Valley National Bancorp
Shares of Valley National Bancorp (VLY) of Wayne, N.J., closed at $11.31 Friday, down 3% year-to-date, following a 4% decline during 2011. Based on a quarterly payout of 16.25 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 5.75%.
The shares trade for 2.4 times tangible book value, and for 14.5 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 78 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 73 cents.
Sterne Agee's #1 ranking for Valley National Bancorp's risk from the coming stress tests is supported by a 53rd-place ranking for the company's estimated dividend payout ratio of 84%; a 49th-place ranking for a ratio of commercial real estate, construction and development, and mortgage loans of 472% of tangible common equity; a 49th-place ranking for a tangible common equity ratio of 6.8%; and a 45th place ranking for a loans-to-deposits ratio of 101.9%.Interested in more on Valley National Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. To contact the writer, click here: Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV