COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Century Casinos, Inc. (NASDAQ Capital Market® and Vienna Stock Exchange: CNTY) today announced that, through its subsidiaries Century Resorts Alberta Inc. and Century Casino Calgary Inc., the company has agreed to the terms of a CAD 28 million (approximately USD $27 million based on the exchange rate in effect on May 23, 2012) credit agreement with Bank of Montreal ("BMO"). The Company drew USD $4 million from the proceeds of the credit agreement and used USD $3 million of cash on hand to repay in full the outstanding balance of the Company's third party mortgage debt related to its Edmonton property ("Edmonton Mortgage").
Remaining proceeds from the credit agreement (approximately USD $23 million) are available to pursue the development or acquisition of new gaming opportunities as well as for general corporate purposes.
The BMO loan has a term of five years and is guaranteed by the Company. The floating interest rate on the first draw of $4 million is 3.75%. The Company incurred USD $0.2 million in prepayment penalties to settle the Edmonton Mortgage; however, the Company was able to reduce its overall interest rate on its outstanding debt from 7.0% to a floating 3.75%."We are very pleased with our new business relationship with BMO, one of the largest Canadian banks. This credit agreement is part of our strategy to increase long-term shareholder value through expansion and growth in domestic as well as international gaming markets. In addition, with the early repayment of the Edmonton Mortgage, the Company has significantly decreased its interest rate and outstanding debt," said Erwin Haitzmann and Peter Hoetzinger, Co Chief Executive Officers of Century Casinos.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV