MUMBAI, May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The Board of Directors of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Reuters: SUN.BO, Bloomberg: SUNP IN, NSE: SUNPHARMA, BSE: 524715) met today and announced appointment of Mr Israel Makov as Chairman of the Board.
Mr. Makov is the former President and CEO of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (2002-2007). He is among Israel's most respected corporate leaders, and is widely credited with Teva's emergence as a global company and a world leader in generic pharmaceuticals.
Speaking on the induction, Mr Dilip Shanghvi, Managing Director of Sun Pharma said "I welcome Mr Makov on behalf of the entire Board and the larger Sun Pharma team. He is an exceptional leader with deep knowledge and experience in globalizing businesses successfully. As Sun Pharma continues to rapidly expand its presence worldwide, I am sure that we will benefit immensely from his experience."On his appointment, Mr Makov said, "I am happy to accept the position of Chairman of the Board. Sun Pharma is an exciting company poised for substantial global expansion and I look forward to working together with Dilip and his team in realizing their visionary goals." Profile of Mr Israel Makov Mr Makov is the former President and CEO of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. He joined Teva in 1995 and led the company's global expansion, managing over 12 acquisitions - two of which were the largest M&A deals in the Israeli history at the time. Under Mr Makov's leadership, Teva became the undisputed global leader in generic pharmaceutical industry and a global leader in the treatment of Multiple sclerosis. Prior to joining Teva in 1995, Mr. Makov led a number of companies in various industries, and founded Israel's first biotech company, Interpharm which went public in the US as the first Israeli company in R&D stage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV