Home Prices Fall Despite Regional Improvement: S&P/Case Shiller
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Home prices fell in March versus the same time a year ago, despite improvement in some regions of the country.
Standard & Poor's Case-Shiller home-price index showed Tuesday that home prices fell in seven of 16 cities tracked as the 20-City composite in March was down 2.6% year over year.
"While there has been improvement in some regions, housing prices have not turned," David Blitzer, chairman of the index committee at S&P Indices, said in a statement. "This month's report saw all three composites and five cities hit new lows. However, with last month's report nine cities hit new lows."
The 10-City composite was down 2.8% from March 2011.-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV