Shares of the social networking giant fell 2.01% to $31.37 before market open. Facebook, which closed down 3.39% on Friday, was also one of the most active Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 240,755.
Social gamer and key Facebook partner Zynga (ZNGA) was another premarket laggard. Shares of the FarmVille and Mafia Wars creator mirrored Facebook, slipping 1.66% to $6.50 in premarket trading. Zynga was also another active Nasdaq stock on share volume of 41,103.
Shares of Apple (AAPL), however, gained 0.91% to $567.39.Tech giant HP (HPQ), which reported strong second-quarter results last week, crept up 0.54% to $22.45. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV