NEW YORK, May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, has been selected as successor depositary by Himax Technologies, Inc. for its American depositary receipt (ADR) program. Each Himax ADR represents two ordinary shares and trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "HIMX."
Headquartered in Taiwan, Himax is a semiconductor solution provider dedicated to display image processing technologies. The company's main products are display driver integrated circuits and timing controllers used in TVs, notebook computers, monitors, mobile phones, tablets, digital cameras, car navigation, and other consumer electronics devices. Himax employs around 1,400 people throughout Taiwan, China, Korea, Japan and the U.S. The company has more than 1,200 global patents.
"We were impressed by the global resources and customized solutions that BNY Mellon can offer a high growth company such as ours," said Jackie Chang, Himax chief financial officer. "We look forward to working with BNY Mellon on initiatives that will strengthen visibility of our company and our DR program."
BNY Mellon serves as depositary on 46 of the 127 DR programs for Taiwanese companies, most of them structured as Global Depositary Receipts (GDRs). The eight U.S.-listed ADR programs are all from the technology and telecom sector, with a collective market cap of roughly $120 billion and trading over the last 12 months valued at more than $55 billion."To be chosen by Himax illustrates our capacity to support rapidly growing firms in dynamic sectors," said Michael Cole-Fontayn, CEO of BNY Mellon's Depositary Receipts business. "We'll work closely with Himax on their efforts to grow liquidity and expand outreach to the global investment community."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV