BEIJING, May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- UTStarcom Holdings Corp. ("UTStarcom" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: UTSI), a leading provider of interactive, IP-based network solutions in iDTV, IPTV, Internet TV and broadband for cable and telecom operators, announced today that it has won an expansion tender from Beijing Television ("BTV") to enhance the capabilities of BTV's existing IPTV broadcasting control platform ("IBCP"). The expanded platform will feature a new IP-based safe distribution system that will improve BTV's IPTV content-management and distribution capabilities. UTStarcom built BTV's existing IBCP in 2010 and this contract represents the first IBCP expansion project awarded to the Company.
"Our expansion project with BTV further solidifies our leading position in China's IPTV market," said UTStarcom's President and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Jack Lu. "Over the past year, we have worked together with BTV to examine its service experience in order to design an enhanced service platform that better suits the needs of the operator. As a result, the expanded platform will feature a new IP-based safe distribution system that can monitor content distribution issues in real time, as well as automatically replace weak signals whenever a problem is identified. Expansion contracts similar to this one with BTV are typically larger in scale than the initial IBCP contracts we have signed. Not only will we continue to capitalize on opportunities to build additional IBCPs, but we also anticipate similar IBCP expansion contracts in the near future."
Since 2010, UTStarcom has built ten IBCPs across China, specifically in Beijing, Chongqing, Hainan, Hubei, Hunan, Shandong, Shenzhen, Sichuan, Tianjin, and Zhejiang.
About UTStarcom Holdings Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV