SHANGHAI, May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- ShangPharma Corporation (NYSE: SHP) ("ShangPharma" or the "Company"), a leading China-based pharmaceutical and biotechnology research and development outsourcing company, today issued a statement to clarify potential market confusion between the name of the Company and Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holdings Co., Ltd. (2607.HK, 601607.SH).
"To clarify any confusion in the market, ShangPharma has no affiliation with Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holdings Co., Ltd.," the Company stated. "While the names are similar in English, the Chinese character 'Shang' in ShangPharma is different than the character in 'Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holdings Co., Ltd. '"
ABOUT SHANGPHARMA CORPORATION
ShangPharma Corporation (NYSE: SHP) is a leading China-based contract research organization providing high quality and cost-effective services for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. It offers a broad range of high-quality, integrated services across the drug discovery and development process to help international and Chinese pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies discover and develop novel drug candidates efficiently. ShangPharma's services consist of discovery chemistry, discovery biology and preclinical development, pharmaceutical development and biologics services. For more information, please visit www.shangpharma.com.For further information, please contact: ShangPharma Ms. Lan Xie VP of Finance and Investor Relations Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Brunswick Group Mr. Josh Gartner Email: email@example.com Phone: 86-10-5960-8600 SOURCE ShangPharma Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV