- Irl F. Engelhardt has been named Chief Executive Officer. He succeeds Richard M. Whiting, who is leaving Patriot after serving as President and CEO since 2007. As CEO, Engelhardt will have overall responsibility for the Company and will focus on corporate strategy, financing activities, corporate development and optimization of the Company's asset portfolio. Engelhardt will also continue to serve as Chairman of Patriot's Board of Directors.
- Bennett K. Hatfield has been named President and will continue to serve as Chief Operating Officer of Patriot. He will be responsible for overseeing the execution of Patriot's operations, sales and marketing plans. To help ensure that Patriot's operations anticipate and respond effectively to changing market conditions, the Company's marketing teams will now report directly to Hatfield.
- Michael M. Scharf has been named Lead Independent Director of the Patriot Board. He has been a member of the Board since 2007 and currently chairs Patriot's Nominating & Governance Committee.
Patriot Coal Names New Leadership Team To Improve Its Operating And Financial Structure
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.