The company said that while it searches for a replacement for Fridman, it will be run by "a group of executives who hold powers of attorney related to their areas of responsibility."
BP sought to play down the importance of Fridman's resignation, saying he was not involved in day-to-day operations. Buyanov said BP has pledged to work with AAR to appoint a replacement "as soon as reasonably possible." AAR did not comment on the matter.
TNK-BP's shares on Moscow's MICEX stock exchange dipped immediately after the announcement but recovered later to hover 1.3% higher than Friday's close, in line with the market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV