1. Home Bancshares
Home Bancshares (HOMB) of Conway, Ark., closed at $28.59 Thursday, returning 11% year-to-date, following a 19% return during 2011.
Based on a 10-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 1.40%.Home Bancshares had $4.1 billion in total assets as of March 31, with 84 branches in Arkansas, Alabama and Florida. The company has been expanding over the past few years through a series of acquisitions, the most recent of which was Vision Bank of Panama City, Fla., which was purchased from Park National Corp. (PRK), and included 17 branches in Alabama and Florida. The company's ROA has ranged from 1.38% to 1.58% over the past five quarters. The shares trade for just over twice their tangible book value, and for 13 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $2.26. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.17. FIG Partners analyst Brian Martin rates Home Bancshares "Outperform," with a $32 price target, saying in late April that "upside from current levels exists as profitability ramps up at [the company's] Florida/Alabama operations." Home Bancshares repurchased 205,600 shares during the first quarter, and Martin believes that "excess capital and strong earnings power should allow for increased dividends and additional share repurchase; however, the priority is deploying excess capital into M&A." The analyst estimates that Home Bancshares will earn $2.18 a share this year, followed by 2013 EPS of $2.29. Interested in more Home Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. To contact the writer, click here: Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV