2. Oritani Financial
Shares of Oritani Financial (ORIT) of Washington, N.J., closed at $14.04 Thursday, returning 12% year-to-date, following last year's 8% return.
Based on a 15-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 4.27%.Oritani Financial had $2.6 billion in total assets as of March 31, with 25 branches in the Bergen, Hudson and Passaic counties, in New Jersey. The company's ROA has ranged from 1.11% to 1.28%, over the past five quarters. The shares trade for 1.2 times tangible book value, and for 17 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 82 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 73 cents. KBW analyst Fred Cannon rates Oritani Financial "Outperform," with a $16 price target, and said on April 25 after the company reported its fiscal third-quarter results that he was "incrementally more positive about shares," and that the stock was trading "at an attractive valuation especially when considering the company's strong core profitability and capital generation." Cannon estimates Oritani will earn 75 cents a share for fiscal 2012, followed by fiscal 2013 EPS of 90 cents. Interested in more on Oritani Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV