3. American National Bankshares
American National Bankshares (AMNB) of Danville, Va., has seen its stock return 15% year-to-date, closing Thursday at $22.24. The shares declined 13% during 2011.
Based on a 23-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 4.14%.The company had $1.3 billion in total assets as of March 31, with 25 branches in Virginia and North Carolina. American National's ROA has ranged between 0.48% and 1.43% over the past year. During the second quarter of 2011, earnings were down because of $835,000 in expenses related to the acquisition of MidCarolina Financial Corp., which included eight branches. The shares trade for 1.6 times tangible book value, and for 12 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.88. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is also $1.88. Morris rates American National Bankshares a "Buy," with a price target of $24.50, saying on April 27 that "the shares represent an attractive total return from current levels," adding that "the MidCarolina transaction continues to bear fruit and coupled with the likely entry into the Russell 3000 in June should provide both support and a near term catalyst for the shares." Morris estimates the company will earn two dollars a share this year, followed by EPS of $2.07 during 2013. Interested in more on American National Bankshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV