4. Access National Corp.
Shares of Access National Corp. (ANCX) of Reston, Va., closed at $12.23 Thursday, returning 40% year-to-date, following a 38% return during 2011.
Based on a six-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 1.96%.The company had $8.48 million in total assets, with five Access National Bank branches. Access National's earnings performance has been quite strong over the past year, with ROA ranging from 1.20% to 1.69%. The shares trade for 1.5 times tangible book value, and for 11 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $1.08 a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $1.20. BB&T Capital Markets analyst Cary Morris has a "Hold" rating on Access National, saying on April 25 after the company reported record earnings results that because of the multiple to tangible book value "and given the relative contribution of the mortgage segment (55% of total revenues in Q1), we view the shares fairly valued at current levels." Morris estimates that Access National will earn $1.15 a share during 2012, followed by 2013 EPS of $1.10. Interested in more on Access National Corp.? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV