5. Penns Woods Bancorp
Shares of Penns Woods Bancorp (PWOD) of Jersey Shore, Penn., closed at $37.61 Thursday, down 2% year-to-date, following a 2.5% return during 2011.
Based on a quarterly payout of 47 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 5.00%.The company had $793.1 million in total assets as of March 31, with 13 Jersey Shore Savings Bank offices in Lycoming, Clinton, Centre, and Montour Counties, in Pennsylvania. Penns Woods Bancorp has been the strongest earnings performer over the past year among this group of seven A-plus rated banks and thrifts, with returns on average assets ranging from 1.64% and 1.90%. The shares trade for 1.8 times tangible book value, and for 10 times trailing earnings. While the shares have not seen an exciting year-to-date performance, the 5.00% dividend yield is very attractive and well-supported by earnings, and the company's strong and steady performance warrants the premium to book value. Interested in more on Penns Woods Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV