- Shares of JPMorgan Chase (JPM - Get Report) closed at $33.97 Thursday, returning 4% year-to-date, following a 20% decline during 2011. The five-year total return was a negative 21%. The shares traded for 1.1 times tangible book value, according to Thomson Reuters Bank Insight, and for six times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $5.40, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. Based on a 30-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.53%. The company's operating returns on average assets (ROA) have ranged between 0.66% and 1.06% over the past five quarters, according to Thomson Reuters Bank insight.
- Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) closed at $7.14 Thursday, returning 28% year-to-date, following last year's 58% drop. The five year total return was a negative 84%. The shares traded for 0.6 times tangible book value, and for seven times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.03. Bank of America's ROA has ranged from a negative 1.51% to 1.08%, over the past five quarters.
- Shares of Citigroup (C) closed at $26.66 Thursday, returning 1% year-to-date, following a 44% decline during 2011. The stock's five-year total return was a negative 94%. Citigroup's shares were trading for just over half their tangible book value, and for six times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $4.66 a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. Citi's ROA has ranged from 0.20% to 0.77% over the past five quarters.
7 Highest Rated Small-Cap Bank Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.