- Shares of JPMorgan Chase (JPM - Get Report) closed at $33.97 Thursday, returning 4% year-to-date, following a 20% decline during 2011. The five-year total return was a negative 21%. The shares traded for 1.1 times tangible book value, according to Thomson Reuters Bank Insight, and for six times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $5.40, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. Based on a 30-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.53%. The company's operating returns on average assets (ROA) have ranged between 0.66% and 1.06% over the past five quarters, according to Thomson Reuters Bank insight.
- Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) closed at $7.14 Thursday, returning 28% year-to-date, following last year's 58% drop. The five year total return was a negative 84%. The shares traded for 0.6 times tangible book value, and for seven times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.03. Bank of America's ROA has ranged from a negative 1.51% to 1.08%, over the past five quarters.
- Shares of Citigroup (C) closed at $26.66 Thursday, returning 1% year-to-date, following a 44% decline during 2011. The stock's five-year total return was a negative 94%. Citigroup's shares were trading for just over half their tangible book value, and for six times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $4.66 a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. Citi's ROA has ranged from 0.20% to 0.77% over the past five quarters.
7 Highest Rated Small-Cap Bank Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.