Franklin Resources (BEN) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Franklin Resources fell $1.21 (-1.1%) to $106.79 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Franklin Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 850,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $106.65-$108.32 after having opened the day at $107.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $108. Other company's within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Penson Worldwide (PNSN), down 19.9%, Dominion Resources Black Warrior (DOM), down 11.5%, Millennium India Acquisition Corporation (SMCG), down 10.2%, and Security National Financial Corporation (SNFCA), down 8.4%. Franklin Resources Inc. is a publicly owned asset management holding company. The firm provides its services to individuals, institutions, pension plans, trusts, and partnerships. It manages, through its subsidiary, separate client-focused equity, fixed income, and balanced portfolios. Franklin Resources has a market cap of $23.21 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.4, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Franklin Resources a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Franklin Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Franklin Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BEN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV