Harman International Industries Inc. (HAR): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
Harman International Industries (HAR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Harman International Industries fell $1.11 (-2.7%) to $40.59 on light volume. Throughout the day, 545,405 shares of Harman International Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 767,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.47-$41.75 after having opened the day at $41.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.70. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Champion Industries (CHMP), down 18.3%, VeriFone Systems (PAY), down 15.5%, Elecsys Corporation (ESYS), down 6.8%, and Virco Manufacturing Corporation (VIRC), down 6.1%. Harman International Industries, Incorporated engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of audio products and electronic systems primarily in the United States, Germany, and other parts of Europe. Harman International Industries has a market cap of $2.88 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.9, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Harman International Industries a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Harman International Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Harman International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV