NetApp (NTAP) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, NetApp fell 21 cents (-0.7%) to $28.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9.2 million shares of NetApp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.41-$28.98 after having opened the day at $28.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.82. Other company's within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: Xata Corporation (XATA), down 10.9%, iGo (IGOI), down 9.7%, OCZ Technology Group (OCZ), down 6.4%, and Stratasys (SSYS), down 6%. NetApp, Inc. engages in the design, manufacturing, marketing, and technical support of networked storage solutions. It supplies enterprise storage and data management software, and hardware products and services. NetApp has a market cap of $12.09 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.6, below the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio of 21.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate NetApp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates NetApp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full NetApp Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NTAP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV