Discovery Communications Inc (DISCK): Today's Featured Media Winner
Discovery Communications (DISCK) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Discovery Communications rose 65 cents (1.4%) to $47.03 on average volume. Throughout the day, 431,042 shares of Discovery Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 522,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.08-$47.12 after having opened the day at $46.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.38. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Insignia Systems (ISIG), up 8%, Noah Education Holdings (NED), up 6.5%, AirMedia Group (AMCN), up 6.3%, and Inuvo (INUV), up 4.8%. Discovery Communications, Inc. operates as a non fiction media and entertainment company worldwide. The company provides original and purchased programming across various distribution platforms. Discovery Communications has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Discovery Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Discovery Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Discovery Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV