Republic Services Inc (RSG): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Winner
Republic Services (RSG) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Republic Services rose 15 cents (0.6%) to $26.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Republic Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.68-$27 after having opened the day at $26.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.66. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Nobility Homes (NOBH), up 8.6%, Integrated Electrical Services (IESC), up 7.1%, Perma-Fix Environmental Services (PESI), up 4.3%, and Caesarstone Sdot-Yam (CSTE), up 3.1%. Republic Services, Inc. provides non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, and disposal services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers in the United States and Puerto Rico. Republic Services has a market cap of $9.86 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.6, above the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 17.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 3.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Republic Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Republic Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV