SPX Corporation (SPW) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, SPX Corporation rose 40 cents (0.5%) to $74.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 533,201 shares of SPX Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 690,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $73.79-$75 after having opened the day at $74.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.20. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Valence Technology (VLNC), up 9.5%, Clean Diesel Technologies (CDTI), up 9.1%, Nobility Homes (NOBH), up 8.6%, and Integrated Electrical Services (IESC), up 7.1%. SPX Corporation provides flow technology products, test and measurement products, thermal equipment and services, and industrial products and services worldwide. SPX Corporation has a market cap of $3.76 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.2, above the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 22.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate SPX Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SPX Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full SPX Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SPW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV