Polypore International Inc. (PPO): Today's Featured Industrial Winner
Polypore International (PPO) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Polypore International rose 19 cents (0.5%) to $36.87 on light volume. Throughout the day, 392,890 shares of Polypore International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.47-$37.03 after having opened the day at $36.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.68. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: Valence Technology (VLNC), up 9.5%, Clean Diesel Technologies (CDTI), up 9.1%, Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI), up 5%, and CUI Global (CUI), up 5%. Polypore International, Inc., a technology filtration company, develops, manufactures, and markets specialized microporous membranes used in separation and filtration processes. It operates in two segments, Energy Storage and Separations Media. Polypore International has a market cap of $1.71 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.8, above the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 17.5 and equal to the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 16.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Polypore International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Polypore International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Polypore International Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV